Wednesday 10 October 2012

Hello Canvas!


I must admit, I'm not one of those people who has loads of photos of us around the house.  I know people come here and look around for them adorning the walls, but they're just not there.  I haven't ever really seen the point to be honest.  If I want to look at myself (not likely) I'll look in the mirror, and if I want to look at my daughter, then I'll look at her!  Sound weird?

Anyway, I was recently contacted by Hello Canvas and asked if I'd like to review one of their products.  As luck would have it, myself and Ruby had not long ago had a brilliant photo session with Anna Bowkis Photography and it was a shame to leave those lovely images languishing on a disc.

Here's the photo I selected:



I simply emailed a jpeg off, along with instructions for any cropping or whether I wanted a black and white print (Anna's photography is perfectly edited already, so no cropping needed here!).

The very next day, my HUGE canvas arrived.  I couldn't believe the speed.  If you want a present in a hurry folks, these are the guys to go for.

It was expertly packaged and protected, although I did have a heart-stopping moment when the tape from the bubble wrap got stuck to the picture in my haste to open it.  Luckily it carefully peeled off leaving no damage to the canvas or the image.

And here it is in situ - well, not quite, I'm waiting for him indoors to hang it in Ruby's bedroom, so for the moment it's hanging in the hall to frighten off burglars...



I love it!  Well, apart from the fact that you can see my grey, but that's down to the model not the printing or the photography - I'd suggest you get yourselves a younger model.


Perhaps I should have waited for the final shots from my Woman's Own makeover once they'd dyed over the great and filled my wrinkles (oh yes indeed, more on that later).  In fact, once I get the final jpegs through, I might just treat myself to another Hello Canvas!

I would very much recommend them for friendly service, fast turnaround, great packaging, good quality and reasonable prices.  Check them out yourself.

As a special offer to my readers, Hello Canvas have kindly offered a 5% discount on any orders.  Simply use the code LBMAR2012.


Discolsure: We were sent a large canvas free of charge for the purposes of this review.  However all opinions expressed are my own.

16 comments:

  1. I did a review of another company for a photo canvas and I have to say it's lovely. I think they're great for a gift to family or just for yourself! The photo's beautiful - you should definitely have more. And what grey hairs? Pah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely great Christmas gifts.

      And the grey's there - trust me!

      Delete
  2. Ohhhhhh!!!! That photo is absolutely gorgeous!!!! And the colours are just perfect (even the grey) ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The colours are perfect - pink and purple are Ruby's favourites so it will go beautifully in her room. Hopefully she won't miss me at night then too! x

      Delete
  3. You look fab, but I have to say I am just not a fan of canvass!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never was Jen, and I've never had a canvas before but I think they've turned me!

      Delete
  4. such a beautiful shot and a beautiful moment to preserve for posterity and hang on the wall to remind you of what she was like when she was small.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful photo, something to treasure always!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is the loveliest photo, ican see why you chose it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See, it also disproves the old theory - you CAN make a silk purse... x

      Delete
  7. So beautiful.Captures a moment perfectly. I love mine too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautiful photo of two beautiful girls, absolutely gorgeous. xx

    ReplyDelete