Monday 1 October 2012

Magpie Monday - Light Fantastic

What an icky day.  I think the car boot sales are pretty much finished now until next year, although every cloud and all that...it's Jumblie season!! I went to one on Saturday.  A proper one, that smelt of wee and everything.

All the clothes I bought for re-purposing are currently in quarantine soaking in Ace, so those will have to wait for another show-and-tell day.

Instead I'll show you something I picked up at a boot sale a few weeks back.

This little vintage paper parasol was £3 and made me do a little yelp when I spotted it.

I knew it would be perfect to suspend from Ruby's very un-aesthetically pleasing spotlights in her room.


It prettifies her ceiling and softens the harsh light.  I'm very happy with this find.

What have you been thrifting lately?

Grab the badge and link up.


Me and My Shadow

20 comments:

  1. I have never yet been to a good jumble sale :(

    The brolly is purdy. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still have the scent up my nostrils and the gnat's pee tea will haunt me. But I got the most fabulous vintage frocks!

      Delete
    2. lol. Ooooh, can't wait to see! :)

      Delete
  2. oooh - good find, BUT how did you get is suspended over the light??!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just tied the handle onto the fitting with string. Not very technical I'm afraid!

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous! They had such a whimsical touch to rooms eh? I tucked some fairy lights into mine and now it makes a gorgeous lampy thing
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving it.

    I have never been to a boot fair I must go x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh cute and a great cover up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our local Thai restaraunt has about 100 in different colours suspended from the ceiling, it looks beautiful but I don't like to think about what must be sitting inside them - I'm not sure they ever dust!

    Yours is a lovely find. Finally joining in this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty parasol! Great idea, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty parasol - I'm sure it looks lovely with the light shining through it.
    I drive by a hall in Hereford that often has jumble sale signs outside. Never been in, so must try it! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Purty! You know you're at a proper hardcore jumble/booty when the distinct whiff of wee is in the air! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab parasol - and I'm looking forward to seeing pics of your jumble finds after they've been freshened up a bit :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. We never get jumble sales round here, i used to love them as a kid as thats where all of our things came from. The parasol is lovely, and what a great way to use it!
    Aqeela xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful parasol! I used to have such a pretty lace one that I used all the time, but I left it on the beach one night at Coney Island, never to be seen again...

    ReplyDelete
  13. So pretty! and what a nice way to diffuse the light.

    ReplyDelete