Thursday 4 October 2012

Your child's big questions - do you know the answer?


There are some questions that Ruby comes out with which just floor me.  I find myself racking my cobwebby brain trying to remember school lessons so I can answer such gems as "why is the sea salty" and "where does the moon go in the day time".

Given that I spent most of my science lessons dicking about at the back of the class with my mates, trying to gas each other with Bunsen burners, I generally fail to come up with suitable/accurate/vaguely true responses.

My stock answers are:

a) It's magic

b) Let's Google it

c) Let's ask your uncle (who, according to Ruby, is an 'astro-phizzlestick')

But, my pain is over.  A brand new book launched today will answer all those searching questions, in a succinct, child-friendly manner.  What's more, the responses come from some of the greatest known minds in the country.

  Big Questions Infographic
Created by Faber and Faber for the book Big Questions From Little People. INFOGRAPHIC: What Big Questions are on Your Child's Mind?

Proceeds from the book go to the NSPCC and what's more, if you have a tricky question posed by your little one that you're struggling to answer, you can ask away today on Twitter.

Simply follow @BigQuestionsBK and ask away and help them find the nation's biggest Big Question.


2 comments:

  1. This sounds awesome, boy1 would love it. I have been asked about how long Father Christmas has been alive, and more recently whether you 'can choose when to have a baby?'. Eek!

    I love astro-phizzlestick!

    ReplyDelete